Hello, I'm Zach.
I'm a Programmer with experience in many different languages.
- GLSL in WebGL where I love to mess around with shaders and realtime 2D/3D fractal rendering - Check out my work here
- C with SDL for current game development
- C++ for zkSNARKs and combinatorial games research
- Haxe which I used for cross-platform mobile game development
- Java which I use in programming competitions and for most other projects
- R which I use for statistics and data analysis
- Prolog in which I wrote a KenKen puzzle solver
I'm a Student at Villanova University pursuing an Honors Computer Science Major with a Mathematics Minor
- I have been awarded Villanova's Presidential Scholarship.
- In 2017, my team won the Villanova ACM Hackathon.
- I led this same team to win 1st place in the 2018 VUVR Competition.
- My programming team won 3rd at the 2018 CSCC Eastern Programming Competition in Arlington, VA.
- We placed 2nd at the Wilkes Site for the 2018 ICPC Mid-Atlantic USA Regional Contest.
- And then 2nd at the virtual 2020 CSCC Eastern Programming Competition.
- In 2019 I wrote a custom 3D VR renderer for the CAVE.
- Using this 3D VR renderer, I created an Interactive Fractal Museum and won 1st place in the 2019 VUVR Competition.
- In 2020, for my undergraduate Senior Computer Science project, I developed a program to take a stack of 2D scans of 3D objects and render/paint/manipulate them in 3D in CAVEs with over 40 ways to interact with these objects for Instructors, Medical Professionals, and Archaeologists. Project Video
- I'm a Rower on Villanova's Men's Rowing Team
I'm a Researcher with experience on projects involving cryptography, big data, geometry, combinatorial game theory, and 3D rendering - Here are a few of my recent projects
- 2020: Privacy Preserving, Distributed, and Verifiable Machine Learning for COVID-19 Identification using Zero-Knowledge Proofs (Presented at CLSAC 2020)
- 2019: SNNzkSNARK: An Efficient Design and Implementation of a Secure Neural Network Verification System Using zkSNARKs
- 2018-2019: Developing VR Experiences for Water/Waste Water Treatment
- 2018-2019: N-Player Hackenbush: Theory, Approximation, and Implementation
- 2017-2018: Classifying Polygons Based on Herdability
- 2016-2017: Dynamically Resizing and Distorting Old Maps to Increase Accuracy for Use in Resolving Preservation Land Disputes
- 2015: Mining Public Twitter Data to Derive Correlations Between Connotation and Geographical Demographics
I'm a Game Developer with experience developing games for iOS, Android, Flash, Desktop, and Web.
- I founded my own Game Development Company Z-Licious Games LLC my Freshman year of High School. Check out some of my games here
Email: zachdestefano@gmail (dot) com